Orbit Intellectual Property Business Intelligence (OIPBI) is an online analysis tool based on SaaS and fully integrated with Orbit search tool. OIPBI has various features which cater a full solution all along the Patent life cycle. This module is a tool for decision making. It allows you to analyze big volumes of data (several hundred thousands of families) in a very short time.
Doing R&D and further protecting the innovation by Patent filing is the costly affair. Thus, Patent analysis is becoming very important within the patent fraternity as well as business group.
In general, these are challenges one face-
- How to we identify which of the patents in your portfolio are most likely to be licensed?
- How to identify low scoring patents which could be considered for abandonment?
- How to identify the relative strength of my portfolio against competitors’ portfolios?
- Which technology we should invest in more?
Orbit IP Business Intelligence unlocks the business insight hidden in global patent data by providing unique normalized data source with 100+ patent authorities and unique invention based family structure with normalized assignees and legal status data. It transforms data sets of over 1 million patent families into graphs within seconds.
There is an active data interrogation which can be done by a click on any point on any graph to view the source data detail behind the big picture. It also provides option to customize your data by rules merging related companies, technologies and inventors into simple groups. It has a great graphical representations.
The main features of Orbit IP Business Intelligence are as follows:
- Company analysis is achieved by the tool by visualizing the technological strengths by representing the technology investment trends and also by identifying key innovative employees as well as geographical markets.
- Technology analysis is achieved by identifying the key players in the patent technology and also assess the investment acceleration over time and also locate potential licensing partners as well as figure out litigation threats if nay and also make a comparisons of ideas with the existing technology or inventions.
- Company comparisons can also be done by measuring the overlapping of the technologies, by watching the entries in the market and also compare the investment rates in competing technology areas over time and also watch the litigation landscape.
- Fast visual prior art searches are achieved through this tool by reducing down large result sets in minutes.
It also helps in visualizing related key technology concepts by spotting new search terms, concepts, classifications and also identifying co-assignment & citations trends in the market.
We at Patracode provide this tool on licenses. Our product experts and consultants provide detail demonstration on how to use the tool and address all possible queries. We would be happy to assist you in your complete innovation cycle.